Tony's Page: Spiritual Journey and Musings

One man's journey into the only aspect of human life that ultimately matters....

Saturday, August 11, 2018

Atheist? Agnostic? Religious?

All meaningless labels, in non-dualistic thought. All that ultimately matters is Truth. I apply the word "God" to Ultimate Truth. I also capitalize the words that I write that have anything to do with Ultimate Truth. But these are just my own personal preferences. I don't seek to convince others to do the same or to agree with me in these conventions.

Atheist. A person who does not believe in God. Agnostic. A person who just doesn't have an opinion about the existence of God. Religious. A person who believes in God and expresses that belief through certain actions or avoidance of certain actions.

All meaningless labels.

Why?

Because a label only symbolizes a thing; it is never the thing itself. If God (Ultimate Truth) is All There Is, the way we label (or avoid labeling) It is meaningful only to us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home